28 August, 2007

A Faustian Bargain: President Chen Shui-bian's Taiwan

Even though the government type of Taiwan is called multiparty democracy, but somehow I do like to call it, President Chen Shui-bian's Taiwan. Yap, it belongs to a single person.

Within his presidential period, which is 8 years, he surely made this Formosa became his... toy pretty well. He definitely has some magic power/ability to control everything and turn things around. He absolutely tried his best to get the most out of this small island, hanging by itself next to the big China, for himself. If, my friend, if you ever think President Bush is not who you prefer. I would say, he is just too naive for his job. And for the president we have in Republic of China, aka Taiwan, he is just... not even close to who you would hope your leader ever to be.

He is only good at battling in the election field for himself, but not for the whole country's benefits. He look at the short period instead of a long term benefits. He is a self-centered individual, I highly doubt there is a word called "country" in his dictionary. He is totally good at using his words, but his words does not serve what it means. Every time when I saw him, I just can't stop thinking, what made him who he is? How can any human being has such a "incredible" moral sense? He absolutely amazed my every single seconds when he is high up there. Hmm... hope he will enjoy his retired life next year.

Oh right, of course he will, he got all the money he wants. Dah. I am just too lame to catch up on his pace, stupid me.

No comments:

Palying 4 Change