15 November, 2008

Prop 8





It is sad, very sad, that they passed prop 8 in CA. It's not effecting my personal life but it is weird to see how the society shaping so weirdly.

The tradition of US from my understanding, and from Jon Stewart's mouth, it's about equal rights.
The idea of marriage from my understanding is based on two people who are deeply in love.

I guess I was wrong. Tradition actually means word by word from the Holy Bible. Marriage is... just a game.

Apparently in our society, we accept people cheating on each other and getting a divorce, which, fyi, the divorce rate is about 50%, but we can't accept marriage that's not based on men and women. Since divorce won't leave any darkness in kids' heart but gay marriage will destroy their value...

Apparently it's okay to break the Ten Commandments, but it's not okay to break one line in that Holy Bible. Since... I didn't break all of them and gays... the broke the whole line...

It's okay for sinners to take away the basic legal rights from other sinners. Because of... one sinned more after they get married while the others sinned... way before then even think about getting married...

hmm... totally make sense now... FAILED!

It's sad to learn from my dear friend that even if he found a perfect guy out there, he won't be able to form a normal family with him like how I have the chance. It is just sad.

Updates (3 Dec., '08)
See more Jack Black videos at Funny or Die

No comments:

Palying 4 Change