06 November, 2008

Democracy or Capitalist Corporation

"China's government has urged America's new president-elect, Barack Obama, to oppose independence for Taiwan." -BBC

Democracy or Capitalist Corporation, which one would Obama choose?

Guillermo said US supports democracy; so does France, I assume. They compromised freedom for the benefits they could get from trading with China. Would Obama trade freedom for a country that no one really cares (we only have 23 allies, who really cares about R.O.C.?)

A good friend of mine once said, "Taiwan... it's just not really an important issue." China, Taiwan; one China... I don't think a lot of people cares, I don't think a lot of people sees, I don't think a lot of people knows. Complicated, that's they only word people know how to describe; complicated, that's the only word I know how to make a long story short.

Democracy or Capitalist Corporation, which one would be the brilliant Obama's choice?

No comments:

Palying 4 Change